Date Effective: December 2019
The below information will refer to blackbeardbikes.com (“blackbeardbikes.com”, “Wilmington Island Cycling Association, LLC”, “Blackbeard Bikes”, “we”, “our”). Your privacy is important to us. It is Wilmington Island Cycling Association, LLC’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website and other sites we own and operate.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog or website?When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. We collect:
- information you provide to us;
- information about how you use our websites, mobile applications, and other online services;
- information about the computers and devices you use to access our services;
- information about your online activities and your interests;
- information about how you respond to our communications;
- information about the location of your mobile device based on the location of nearby WiFi networks or, subject to your consent, information accessed via the location functionality of your device; and information about you from publicly or commercially available sources.
- IP address
- Operating system
- Device type
- Device manufacturer
- Device identifier
- Browser type
- Content viewed on our services
- Pages viewed immediately before and after you access our websites
- Which content from us or our affiliated companies you view, access, or click on
- Whether you open our electronic communications and where you click within them
- Features of our services that you use
- Name and location of your Internet Service Provider
- Amount of time spent on our pages and how many pages you viewed during your visit
- For more information about how we collect this information, see Use of Web Beacons, Cookies and Other Technologies.
When do we collect information?We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.If you wish to forward an article or other information to a friend using our services, we will ask you to provide your friend’s name and email address. We may collect statistics on which articles are forwarded. We do not sell, rent, or market information about the friends to whom you forward articles or information, and we use your friends’ names and email addresses only for purposes of forwarding articles or other information subject to your request.Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
How do we use your information?We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
Why do we use this information?
- to provide you with products and services and respond to your requests;
- for research purposes;
- to communicate with you about Wilmington Island Cycling Association, LLC; learn about you; send you or provide you with content based on your interests; and
- to improve, maintain, and troubleshoot our services.
With whom do we share this information?
- with third parties, including service providers that process information on our behalf, to facilitate transactions and provide you with services;
- with our affiliates;
- to facilitate interest-based advertising; and
- in association with a transfer of a business or related assets; when there is a legal obligation to disclose your information; or to protect our legal rights, the public, or others.
How do we protect your information?Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. In addition to using regular Malware Scanning, your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
What are my choices?You are free to refuse our to request your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services. Please note: Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
- You may update or delete the account information you provide us for any of our services in the account information page for that service.
- You may indicate your preferences regarding marketing communications by contacting us at the information below.
- You can learn about your ability to register your “do not track” preferences in the Cookies section of the full Policy.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com. Or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
- If you would like to opt out of Google tracking, users can opt out by setting preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- We use reasonable security measures to protect your information.
- Our services are not intended for children under 13.
- We are not responsible for any third-party products or services you access via our services.
- In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify you via email within 7 business days. We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days.
CAN SPAM Act NoticeThe CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies PolicyOur services and communications may contain links to or content from websites or other online services provided by third parties. We expect our partners and third-party providers to respect your privacy, but you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by websites and other services that are not under our control. The privacy practices of third parties are governed by their privacy policies, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of all websites and online services that you use, view, or visit.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.